utorok, 25. októbra 2011

ID3 v2.4 tags

It all started when I found out my xmms2 did not read ID3 tags of some of my files properly. I use kid3 to create and modify the ID3 tags of my music collection and it was reading them all OK, so I started investigating. The first clue was this bug in id3v2 which did not read the ID3 tags as well, so I recompiled the latest sources but still no cigar. I learned id3v2 is using id3lib to parse tags and I found this bug. So I changed the ID3V2_LATEST = ID3V2_3_0 to ID3V2_LATEST = ID3V2_4_0 and it all started working. The question is why is this not enabled by default.